- Charles was raised in England and studied at Cambridge University. He came to Australia in 1990 and worked for four years in Melbourne, dealing with asset recovery and insolvency cases for one of the major banks, as well as building and construction litigation. He lectured for three years at RMIT in building and construction law, contract and civil law.
- Charles relocated with his family to Myrtleford and spent 17 years as a solicitor and partner in a large North East Victorian law firm, with offices from Shepparton to Mount Beauty. He headed the employment and commercial litigation practices, also undertaking commercial and conveyancing work.
- Charles established Charles Morgan & Associates in November 2011, focusing on employment law, commercial law and litigation (excluding personal injury litigation).
- On 1 January 2018 Charles Morgan & Associates became Morgan Couzens Legal with the addition of Wendy Couzens as principal.
- Charles works in the areas of employment law, commercial litigation, commercial matters, wills and probate and family law.
- Charles is an accredited specialist in workplace relations with the Law Institute of Victoria.
- Charles primarily works from our Myrtleford office, but regularly visits our Wangaratta and Wodonga offices.
- In 2013, after completing her studies and obtaining a Bachelor of Laws with Honours from Victoria University and a graduate diploma in legal practice from the Leo Cussen Institute, Wendy joined Charles Morgan & Associates as a solicitor.
- Prior to joining Charles Morgan & Associates, Wendy had worked as a law clerk for seven years with a family law solicitor in Wangaratta.
- Since 2013 Wendy has developed an extensive practice in employment law, with matters including unfair dismissal, discrimination in employment, general protections, adverse action, breach of employment contracts, as well as commercial litigation, commercial disputes, divorce applications, family law applications and family law consent orders.
- Wendy primarily works from our Wangaratta office and visits our Wodonga office by appointment.